Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A wintery fix

Minnesotan as I am, I have always loved winter, the soft fluffy snow covering over all of the dead and brown things. Winter (in Minnesota) is neat and orderly, there is no mud, no bugs, no rodents, all is still and quiet and frozen.... except the Minnesotans! Minnesotans (at least the ones I aspire to be like) are out enjoying the snow, the sun, and each other. So this Christmas when I got to go home, my favorite part was playing with the family in the snow!
I love that first turn up the hill of the driveway to home!
We went skiing in the woods, got lost skiing in the woods, and enjoyed every second of it!
Kosens Kozy Kove our swimming spot growing up! Not much swimming going on now, but the pelican was still out to greet us!

Home! AND my mom! doesn't the barn look inviting with the little smoke stack?
I love weather, and what I always find interesting is that in Minnesota, the coldest days are the bright sunny ones (and sometimes you even get sun dogs!). (For those of you who are interested, I think of the clouds like a blanket holding the heat near the earth, and when the clouds are blown away, there is nothing to keep the heat in, and it gets very cold! Meteorologists may have a more scientific description.) On the last night I was home, the temperature fell from a balmy 37 F to -21... and there was SUN the next morning! so pretty!
On the way to Fargo (thus the flat-ness) it was VERY cold, and very bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment