Thursday, January 30, 2014

Malawi Sunrise

In light of the fact that I had a good friend living in Malawi (Meg) and that she was interested in having a traveling partner, and was worried about being able to bring home everything she accumulated during her time there, I went to Malawi on New Years day. Meg promised me adventure, and adventures we had!

First: sunrises. I like sunrises, I love being able to watch them, but usually I'm not up that early, and usually seeing a sunrise goes hand in hand with limited sleep. I got to see quite a few sunrises in Malawi (and one in Ethiopia), and from many different places, boats, cars, beaches, all very beautiful.
Ethiopian Sunrise (sounds like a good name for a coffee!)

Meg and the sun coming up at Nkhotakota, Lake Malawi

Nkhotakota Sunrise, every 10 minutes was a new sky! definitely worth waking up for!

The fishermen went out in dug out canoes to get the first catch of Chambo from Lake Malawi for breakfast.

Sunrise over Mozambique! From the Illala (more on that later) at Likoma island, lake Malawi

No comments:

Post a Comment